Existed: 22 April
1918 - 26 May 1918
nations of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
- On 22nd April 1918,
the Democratic Federative Republic of
Transcaucasia was formed from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia
- formerly parts of the Russian Empire.
- On 26th May 1918, the federation was dissolved to become
Republic of Armenia, the Azerbaijan People's Republic and the Georgian
- These eventually became separate Soviet Socialist
on 12th March 1922 were united as the Federative Union of Soviet
Socialist Republics of Transcaucasia.
- On 13th December 1922, this became the Transcaucasian
Soviet Federative Socialist Republic.
- On 30th December 1922, this was united with Byelorussia,
Russia and Ukraine to become the Union
of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- The area now consists of the independent nations of
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.