4 June 1912 - 11 September 1943
- The Dodecanese Islands of Astipalea, Kalimnos,
Kastellorizo, Kos, Leros, Nisyros, Patmos, Rhodes, Simi, and Tilos were
part of the Ottoman
- On 4th June 1912, the islands declared independence as the
Federation of the Dodecanese Islands. This was not recognised
the international community. Instead, the islands were
- On 26th April 1915, the Italian Colony of the Dodecanese
Islands was recognised by Italy's allies.
- From 11th September 1943, the islands were occupied by
- From 7th May 1945, a British military administration took
and on 15th September 1947 this was replaced by Greek administration.
- The islands were incorporated into Greece on 7th March 1948.