11 November 1918 - 22 November 1918
Incorporated into France
- From 4th August 1879, Alsace-Lorraine (known as
Elsass-Lothringen in German) was a territory (Reichsland) of the German
- On 31st May 1911, it gained a limited measure of autonomy.
- On 11th November 1918, the region declared itself
independent as the Republic of Alsace-Lorraine.
- French forces entered the territory on 17th November 1918,
and by 21st November, all of Alsace-Lorraine was occupied by France.
- On 22nd November 1918, Alsace-Lorraine was incorporated
- During the Second World War, Alsace-Lorraine was annexed by
Germany, returning to French control in 1945.