16 March 1905 - 15 January 1935; 1 April 1950 - 1 July 1960
Italian colony, then UN Trust Territory
Incorporated into Somalia
- On 16th March 1905, the Italian Benadir Coast protectorate (leased from Zanzibar) was expanded to became the Italian Somaliland colony.
- On 15th January 1935, Italian Somaliland was united with Italian-controlled Eritrea to become Italian East Africa.
- In February 1941, during World War II, Britain gained control of Italian Somaliland.
- On 1st April 1950, Italian Somaliland bacame a United Nations Trust Territory, under Italian administration.
- On 1st July 1960, Italian Somaliland gained independence, merging with the State of Somaliland
Somaliland) to become Somalia.